Collaboration in Action
We have an opportunity to get up to speed on today’s most pressing leadership and human productivity issues. Human resource leaders in the Madison area are collaborating to offer a day of hot topics as part of a larger conference of the IPMA-HR Central regional conference. This collaborative learning event takes place on Tuesday, June 8, 2010 at the Madison Marriott West. (The full IPMA-HR event runs June 6-9.)
I have the honor of being one of the speakers and a co-sponsor. I’ll be leading sessions on “Bringing Your Strategic Plan to Life: A Guide to Implementation” and “The Clover Practice™ for Leaders.” The tantalizing list of presentations by veteran presenters also includes:
- Retaining and Developing a High Quality Staff
- How to Ramp, Rally and Revive Employees on a Flat Budget
- Social Media: New and Creative Ways to Communicate
- Employee Onboarding and Reboarding: Getting Employees Up to Speed Faster in New or Cross-Trained Positions
- Using Conflict to Promote Labor/Management Collaboration and Success
- Generation Soup: Inspiring Today’s Multi-Gen Workforce to Higher Performance
- Understanding a Multi-generational Workforce
- The Supervisor’s Role in Building a Customer Service Culture
- The Supervisor’s Motivational Tool Kit
- Increase Productivity, Innovation and Profits by Working Harmoniously with Human Nature
- Sustainable Health Care; Strategies to Support Healthier Decisions
- Health Care Reform is Here, What to Do Now?
- Communicating Successfully in Person or Via Technology: What Works and When
- Building the Future, One Coaching Question at a Time
- Succession Planning and Performance Management for Engagement and Results
- Preferred Learning Styles and the MBTI
- Making a Difference with Mediasite
The day will begin with a fun walk-run and be capped off with Suzy Favor Hamilton, 3-Time Olympic Runner, 9-Time NCAA Champion, Motivational Speaker, Realtor speaking on “Perfection is Not Success”
The collaborative nature of this event attracted local cosponsors including Madison Area Quality & Improvement Network (MAQIN), Station 1 Consulting, Inc., Wisconsin Association of Mediators (WAM), Wisconsin Center for Performance Excellence (WCPE), Wisconsin State Training Council, UW-Madison Executive Education, and UW-Madison Office of Human Resource Development.
You can still register for this day of rich learning and networking. The fee for Tuesday, June 8, which includes a continental breakfast. is $125. Walk in registrations will be accepted. Feel free to call me if you have questions at 608-445-1085.
Author and consultant Kathleen A. Paris, Ph.D., speaks on healthy workplaces, provides consulting for strategic planning, process improvement and redesign, and professional development for leaders. Read more »